Thursday, December 04, 2008

Who was George of Autumn People Circa 1966?

As a used bookseller/buyer, occasionally, I find a gem among the ordinary. While searching through shelves of Science Fiction paperbacks about 8 years ago, I spied a hard to find 1st edition book by Ray Bradbury titled Autumn People.

Without flipping it open, I dropped it in the box I planned to fill with used books in very-good or better condition I would sell later.

Several weeks went by before I opened Autumn People to read the back of the title page. When I did, I discovered a time capsule, which I have copied below. Some of the surnames might be misspelled, and if so, I apologize in advance.

If any of the people listed here are interested in the book, it is yours for a simple fee. I want to know why and when it was autographed and just who the heck is George?

Front Cover:
George Grisson

Inside Front Cover:
Little Burt
Phil Sickles alias Cous
Chris Brahney Lots of luck George

Front Flyleaf:
Hughie Baby

Title Page:
Good Luck, Mary Beth

ISBN Page:
Patti Vidulich

First page of intro:
Joe Leather

Was An old Woman title page:
Kathe T.
Lots of Luck!

To You George from Andy (on page 28-29)

See you this summer, George. Linn Palt (page 67)

Jay (on page80)

Cindy (on page 112)

Jane Eccleston (on page 113)
Doug (on page 113)
Laurie (on page 113)

Let’s Play Poison title page:
Lots of Luck in Future Years!
Cathy Blasco (on page 165)


THE END
Beverly Hulsart
Lots of Luck (on page 188)

Inside Rear Cover:
Meele (with two flowers)

Have lots of fun in the summer, Mary

Ann Kirh

Have a hell of a lot of fun, Gerry

Outside Rear Cover:
Margorie Ward

____________________________________________________________________________
Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , ,

No comments: